Monday, October 20, 2008

...wild cats....

Okay. I knew that living out in the boonies meant we would always have weird random wildlife...like the coyote pack that has taken it upon themselves to make our yard their home...seriously, did I tell you about this?! My mom and I like to take walks around the property(it's 10 acres, don't worry, we're not roaming around in circles) and we find coyote "waste" ALL over. I found some right by the garage one day. Honestly, they're gonna get that close to the house?! We can also hear them howling just about every night. We've seen them roaming the property during the day. It's scary. Well, if it wasn't enough to be freaked out by coyotes, I now have to be scared of cougars. Yes, cougars. A family friend works at a restaurant bar about 2 miles from our house. He went to take the trash out one day and there it was digging through the trash. He said it was taller than him!!!!! I'm guessing that's over 6 feet. The cops didn't believe him when he called...but someone else found a mauled deer way up in a tree and no other animal could do that. Needless to say, when I come home and it's dark out..I'm running to the door so I don't get attacked by the wild cat....

No comments: