Wednesday, January 13, 2010

...they grow up so fast...

I've turned in to THAT dog owner.  Ya know...the one that treats their dog like a child.  Yes, I am a huge dog lover and the rents have three that I love dearly, but I've never really felt they were my own.  Now, with my little man...I understand.  I want to wrap him up and carry him around like a baby...a big, furry 30 pounder.  And he looks at me with those puppy eyes when he's naughty..


I just can't punish him. Anyways, he's already 4 months old and goes in to be fixed next month.  I just can't believe it.  I really do feel like it was just yesterday that I met him and his 6 other siblings at boyfriends when they were 3 weeks old.  Puppy training begins in 2 months.  That will be an adventure!!

4 comments:

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

Awwww.. he looks like he's in time out. Did you put my nephew in time out? You're a mean mommy. Oh, and, I would never treat my dog like a human. Ever. Never, ever.

...this girl's life... said...

He's actually far from being in time out in this pic. He was waiting for a treat after going outside. Silly boy. He's getting too big for the stool now though, so it's funny watching him balance on it!

Yeah, you don't treat your dog like a human. You never hold her on your hip like a toddler.

Emily said...

yeah i don't treat amirah like a kid either! no, i do not miss her more than my mom sometimes! lol no, i never carry her on my hip either...no i never even dressed her up! hahaha now you know how it is! good luck...

emily

...this girl's life... said...

thanks!! he's been lots of fun :)