Saturday, January 2, 2010

...white elephant...

Went to boyfriend's family christmas gathering today.  They do White Elephant gifts...everyone brings something from their house that they don't need or use and pass it on to someone else.  If you've never played, a name is drawn, gift picked, opened, then can be stolen by the next opener.  There's also a mystery gift that can't be opened until all other gifts have been opened.  The mystery gift can be really good or really bad.  I heard one year it was a box of old tshirts with a $50 bill taped to the bottom of the box.  Anyways, I was picked early, went out on a limb, and picked the mystery gift.  I wanted that $50!!  It was stolen from me so I picked the next one that struck my eye.  Ripped the paper off, opened the big box to find a used VCR with about 20 children's videos.  I was actually happy to recieve that gift and not the duct tape wallet, the Sitz bath(google it...it's gross), or the old calculator with receipt tape.  And the mystery gift?  A box of oranges and potatoes.  Boyfriend ended up with a nice grill set and funny apron, so it wasn't all bad!!

No comments: