Monday, December 28, 2009

...whoops...

I haven't updated since last week.  Whoopsies.  I'll give you a quick update:

I finished working at the old job on Wednesday.  It was hard to leave, but definitely a good thing to get out of there.  Christmas eve was spent helping boyfriend take care of the deer he and a friend got the night before.  Never thought I'd be doing THAT on christmas eve.  I got a good anatomy lesson.  We had a quiet Christmas at home, both bro's were home of course and boyfriend came over in the middle of the day to hang out.  Aunt & Uncle and fam came over for dessert.  Always a good time when everyone can get together.  Saturday & Sunday were spent hanging out with boyfriend's mom, my best friend, and the boys(not all at the same time).  Sidenote - Boyfriend and boyfriend's mom were way too good for me for Christmas(my fam was great too, but that's to be expected).  Boyfriend and I had decided not to exchange gifts.  He didn't keep his promise and got me a diamond necklace and a gift certificate to my favorite salon for a mani/pedi.  His mom got me a Vera Bradley purse, mittens, coffee mug, and bracelet.  They spoiled me that's for sure. 

That brings us to today.  I started the new job, working at a company that registers dog & dog breeds and hosts most of the dog events held across the country.  I won't say the company name, but you can probably guess :)  I'm working in their publications department, creating ad and page layouts for their 3 national magazines.  Anyways, it's always interesting to start at a new place.  This office is bigger than most of the places I've worked(when I say bigger, I mean about 50 employees).  The most overwhelming thing can be just getting used to the office dynamics and getting to know everyone.  First days suck too...do I take my lunch or go buy?  Where do I go when I first get there?  Where's the bathroom?!  I survived though.  Everyone in my department is nice and very welcoming.  It was a good first day! 

No comments: