Sunday, September 7, 2008

...birthday parties and old friends...

The first week of school is officially over. And the first weekend? Gone. I now have 14 weeks of school left.

The art hop was Friday and as it fits right along with my project, I decided to head on out there with one of the girls from school. It was nice..nothing like I expected, but nice none the less. We saw three of the galleries downtown and then went to the trade center, where they have several artist's studios. I always forget how nice downtown is..there's so many little shops and restaurants that everyone forgets about...and of course the art galleries are always forgotten. It's surprising they can all stay open, but I guess each one has their own little specialty catering to their own market. So, I realize my project will be perfect for the area. Glad my "research" was so helpful.

After the art hop, it was on to a birthday party...which was the most sophisticated and well done thing I've been to in a long time..maybe ever. The backyard to this house was beautiful...there was absolutely no grass, it was all mulch and stone paths, with little garden islands all over. They put up white lights, chinese luminaries, and tea light candles everywhere...it could have been the site for a wedding reception. Take note, I want that for my next birthday...but I guess I need a small downtown backyard with a lot of character and charm first....

With the start of school, brings the start of homework. Saturday was filled with the thought of getting it all done...it didn't happen. Aren't the gossip sites, facebook, and a movie more important? Guess not, but I'm still ahead of the game. This not having a job thing gives me plenty of time to work on stuff during the week. Don't worry, I won't get used to it for long...my wallet will be telling me not to. After a lazy day, it was off to my favorite bar/restaurant to meet up with old friends in town for the weekend. Nothing eventful here, just good to see everyone.

Today brings homework, cleaning my room, and possibly a trip out to see and say goodbye to the friends....and of course preparing myself for another week...

Week 2, here I come!!

No comments: