Wednesday, September 3, 2008

...it has begun...

The past two weeks have flown by and no posts have been made. Let's catch you up....

I was in my cousins wedding the weekend before labor day. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception...it's always great when the family can get together for events other than holidays. Wedding receptions with the fam are my favorite, since everyone likes to break out their best dance moves(many may be a result of the high doses of adult beverages consumed) and it makes for a GREAT show!

After returning from the wedding, middle brother came to town. It's no surprise that I love any time spent with family, so of course it was a great time. There seems to be some little adventure our family always partakes in when we're all together..it's not just sitting around watching tv all day...which must be why I love it so much. Although, there was no big adventure or hilarious story this time, it was still fun. A trip in the little convertible is always a must, so it was down to the craft to visit one of the local shops for coffee, a visit to the friend's farm to see the hens and goats again(i know, i know...what rednecks we are but they're hilarious to watch), and then it was on to the burg for some drive-in lunch. There's just something fun about doing that kind of stuff with family...

Brother left Friday and it was on to the next family member! Auntie, D, and I headed to detroit to pick up L. It's always a fab time when the four of us are together, as we can never stop laughing.

I had my first large gardening experience on Saturday(watching Mom pull weeds or helping L plant wildflowers doesn't really count, since I barely got my hands dirty). L went off to visit some friends and I stayed to help Auntie and D with the rock garden. It was intense!! We had to pull the weeds out and then dig a trench to put in the edging. It took us quite a few tries and lots of laughs to get it right, but we finally figured it out. Of course, at this point, it was the middle of the day, the flies were starting to bite, and it was scorchingly hot and sticky. We gave up after putting in two lengths of edging and headed to the pool! The night was finished with a visit from my parents, a bonfire, and of course a ride on the gulf cart with the gals...mom included of course. It's really a bowl of laughter when the five of us are together, as the mom adds all of her hilarity to the mix!

Sunday included shopping, a pool visit, pretzel making, and another ride on the golf cart. It was a little more interesting with just L and I. We went under the running irrigation system several times, as it was directly over the path we wanted to take...only to find out later, we could take the path behind it and not get one drop of water on us...you live, you learn though, right?! The irrigation systems don't always work to our advantage as they leave mud puddles all over the field. We somehow always think the golf cart is invincible and that it will make it through them all. We were wrong. I got us stuck in a mucky mess and volunteered L to push for us. I was nice and told her I'd put the cart in reverse and she could push from the front, so she wouldn't get too muddy. Didn't work. She had to move to the back end and use all her strength to get us out while I was rocking with the cart to help it along. We finally got it out, with the addition of many spatterings of mud all over the back of the cart and L. At least I could laugh about it....

Unfortunately, the weekend came to an end and it was back to school for this girl. I said goodbye to freedom and hello to a stressful 7 months of hell. I have two design classes and two business classes. I now remember why I got out of the business school too....the bore factor was very high! Not to mention, everyone and their mother takes business classes so I get to see 75% of the school twice a week! It should make for an interesting semester. I'll try to keep you as updated as possible when I have free time and/or when I don't forget I have a blog and need to update every now and then....

No comments: