Monday, September 29, 2008

...a new me...

Yes, it's 2 am and this girl cannot sleep. Might as well blog..

L, this post is all for you, since you need to see my hair :)

I got it done this week. My friend B was going to get hers done and wanted me to go with, so I decided I might as well do mine as well. And it was getting pretty gross..the box color(I know..shame on me. But, in my defense, I was living in MD at the time and didn't want to spend $150) wasn't looking so good. We went to a chain, which I'm usually skeptical about...I've always had better luck with privately owned. I proved to myself that it was just coincidence. My stylist was amazing! She gave me exactly what I wanted..and I didn't even know what that was when I walked in there. I told her I wasn't sure if I wanted to go lighter or darker..so she suggested we do both. She put lowlights and highlights in. The lowlights were a pretty dark brown, with lots of warm tones in them. She made it a little funky, but kept it to a minimum so I didn't look like a skunk. I didn't know what I wanted for the cut either, so she made some suggestions and off it came!! She did the angle cut(don't worry, it's not very drastic) with the pieces in front long and then the back is a little shorter, with lots of choppy layers. It's so easy to style now. I love it. Anyways, here's some pics..you can't see the cut too well, but the color definitely shows up :)






We're at the new bar downtown. Half off martinis on Fridays! They have a GREAT selection too. I think it'll be my new favorite :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love the hair! (even with the fake smile..)

...this girl's life... said...

do you recall the "lori smile"...

don't pretend you don't have one.