Tuesday, July 22, 2008

...goodbye...

The internship came to an end last week. They had 2 going away lunches for me. On Friday, I was introduced to my new favorite food...crab cakes!!! They are pretty amazing! Anyways, I had to say goodbye to everyone..which was sad, but I'm ready to get back home and finish my last year. I walked away with a better knowledge of things(of course), but most importantly, a mentor for my senior project!! We have to have several, and I didn't know if I would be able to rely on anyone there when I first got the job...but, i'll be able to definitely rely on her...she's amazing and I know she'll help a lot! She and I are both very excited! Sooo, my day came to and end, which was sad and exciting at the same time....mostly exciting though because I had to run to the airport to pick up the mom right after! The minutes of the day seemed to go by so slowly, but 5:20 finally rolled around and there she came walking around the corner. I was so happy to see her I bawled...it's very out of the ordinary for me to cry(sometimes I think my tear ducts are dried up)...so there I was in the middle of the airport wailing away! My mom said that I must have been pretty happy to see her....she was right about that one!!

Dad couldn't come due to health reasons(he's fine...just needing to recover)...so Mom and I have been enjoying some girl time. We really like touring old houses...I know, I know..nerds right?! Mom has no excuse except for being a big history buff...But, I'd eventually like to get into historical restoration and preservation....so I love to see projects already done. We've done 7 houses in 4 days...soon to be 8 in 5 days. We're leaving here tomorrow to go see Kentuck Knob, a Frank Lloyd Wright house, and then stay in a Bed & Breakfast near Washington, PA. Thursday, it will be on to Ohio to see one of the bros.

It's time to finish the laundry and packing of the car. Every thing's almost in there! It's packed a little nicer than the first time, as Mom helped this time. I'll actually be able to see out the back window! More to come in a few days when I'm back in MI(sorry Aunt Sue, you'll have to wait a little bit until I get home!).

No comments: