Tuesday, July 15, 2008

...the weekend...

I suppose I should fill you in. G came to visit. She arrived on Thursday night...I was pretty happy to see someone from home! It was definitely a weekend of firsts..

That night L had class, so P, G, and I went to Rocky Run and met up with some neighbors. I finally had the crab pretzel I had been told was a must while I was here. They said it wasn't a good one..but I didn't think it was too bad(as good as crab pretzels can get). After dinner, G and I hopped over to Ellicott City for some drinks. We went to a couple of bars...one was having cha cha lessons and the other was a karaoke bar. You can imagine how many times we got up to perform for everyone(although, G kept threatening she would). Needless to say, we had some good entertainment with all of the drunkards thinking they should win on the next round of America's Got Talent.

Friday we got up and headed to D.C. G had never been, so it was fun to introduce her to something new. If you don't know G, she's got quite a passion for life..if you put anything new and exciting in front of her face she goes nuts. We took the hop on, hop off bus tour...let me tell you, that's the way to do that city! We saw a lot of the city without even having to get off the bus. We did get off at the White House, the National Cathedral, and the Lincoln Memorial. The cathedral was beautiful! I think G was getting annoyed because I kept telling her I had learned about all of the architecture in school. It was nice to see my education put to work! Here are some of my favorite pics of the cathedral...






Saturday L, G, and I decided to go on a little adventure. We went whitewater tubing. Basically, we were white water rafting, except in tubes and without paddles. I have been wanting to take a lazy controllable stroll down the river all summer. That lazy stroll is still on my list of things to do. Whitewater tubing is far from relaxing....I was a nervous wreck! I was thrown in a pool when I was 3, so water and S do not mix! And of course, guess who capsized over a rapid? This girl! And then I couldn't get back on the tube...we were in a current, my shorts were falling off, and the life jacket kept me from doing anything. Finally, I was able to partially get up but not turn over b/c again the current, shorts, life jacket, and this time laughter and the fear of falling back off kept me from turning over. We made it over to the river bank and I was able to situate myself. At the time I was ready to leave and was not a very happy camper. Looking back, I just have to laugh at myself. I'm sure the other two were pretty entertained!!

Needless to say, it was a good weekend! It always is when G is around!!

No comments: