Thursday, July 3, 2008

...work...

Alright, the company...it's nice..it has it's quirks. Most of the projects are residential, but they like to throw in a few commercial spaces here and there. I can't believe how some of these people live. One project I'm working on is 10,000 square feet. The family owns a line of hotels..so you can imagine what's included in this place..prayer room, theater, elevator..the list goes on. The designers working on the project are by far my favorite. Their ideas are beyond anything I could ever do..but I'm learning a lot. They tell me what they want and I put the plans on the computer. We make a good team.

The other projects aren't so exciting, except for today. I went on an installation(basically we had to be there for the furniture delivery to make sure nothing gets screwed up). It was all I expected..with a few differences. First off, the house was immaculate. It's the type of house that has rooms only for the good company..the type of house where you don't want to sit on the furniture because you're afraid you'll screw up the cushions, or worse, the stain you didn't know you had on your pants will rub off and stain the sofa. Funny thing is, the couple has two young kids and they let them crawl over everything. I'd love to see that place in a year. Anyways, the master suite had a wet bar, complete with bar fridge and microwave....because aren't we all sitting in bed yearning for last night's leftovers at 2 in the morning?! I mean, come on, would it really be inconvenient to walk down the stairs to the kitchen that was literally right underneath their bedroom? Although, if I had the money and the option..I'd probably do the same thing. Needless to say, it was great to see something other than plans and drawings.

And now I have three days off. I'm waiting for L to get home so we can play Wii and start the weekend!!! More to come soon...

No comments: